Engineering Resources of Southern California (ERSC) is looking for a qualified and talented and experienced Civil Engineering professional to join our Traffic and Transportation team as Principal Engineer in Redlands, CA.
Who is ERSC?
ERSC was created in 1996 to provide specialized engineering services to the public sector’s municipalities, agencies, water, and special districts. Our team focuses on maximizing technical abilities, work ethic, personality and character to the benefit of our clients in order to create long-lasting and strong partnerships while providing outstanding services.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will act as Principal Engineer (Project Manager) securing, executing, and overseeing multiple simultaneous projects in the transportation and traffic engineering discipline. Typical projects include, but are not limited to; roadway design, intersection improvements, street rehabilitation, traffic signals, street lights, and signing & striping. The most qualified candidates will have experience with transportation grants (ATP, HSIP, HBR, etc.) including preparation of grant materials and grant administration (CalTrans Local Assistance).
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise as it is related to the oversight of multiple concurrent activities and the supervision of an engineering team. Experience with marketing, client communication, and producing proposal components for consideration during public agency solicitation process is required. The ability to effectively communicate with the public and elected officials is highly desired. The successful candidate will grow into a practice leader role supporting marketing and business development efforts while growing the practice throughout the region.
The Position’s Duties Include:
- Plans and manages multiple projects assigned by the Principal-in-Charge that may include interoffice assignments on larger, more complicated projects.
- Supervises, directs, and coordinates the activities of engineers and technicians and other staff who may be assigned through a matrix management system.
- Prepares the planning and design concepts, assigns responsibilities to subordinates within project teams, and supervises the activities of subordinate engineers.
- Supervises the preparation of reports, working drawings and specifications for major projects in the public works fields.
- Represents ERSC in dealing with the agencies or companies who have authorized the preparation of said reports, plans, and specifications in administrative and public hearing matters.
- Represents ERSC’s public agency clients at public hearings, staff meetings, city councils, boards of supervisors, special districts’ board of directors, either as professional staff representing said public agencies or as an advocate’s representative appearing before said public agencies in securing project approvals, etc.
- Maintains current information on technical, financial, administrative, political, and jurisdictional matters that affect ERSC clients, and continually keeps up to date with respect to new techniques and technical advancements that may bear on representing ERSC clients.
- Assists the Principals in training of new employees as professional engineers and managers. May contribute in the employee evaluation process.
- Prepares budgets, contracts, and other related financial matters bearing on assigned projects, administers the contracts, and controls budgets.
- Represents ERSC in its marketing efforts, entertaining and meeting with clients and potential clients.
- Consistent delivery of projects within budget and to schedule.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Registered Civil Engineer in the State of California.
- Registered Traffic Engineer in the State of California or PTOE is a plus.
- 10+ years of civil engineering experience.
- Advanced training related to transportation or traffic planning or design.
- Active memberships in professional engineering organizations.
- Supervisory skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and other job-related computer programs.
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and industry accepted traffic and transportation design standards, specifications, and guidelines.
- Familiarity with Synchro/SimTraffic, Vissim, and other modeling and planning suites.
- Familiarity with the CEQA/NEPA process as it relates to traffic and transportation engineering.
- Why Work for ERSC?
ERSC takes pride in providing growth opportunities for its team. In addition to a great culture, some of the benefits of working for ERSC include:
- Company sponsored 401K program with matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Training and Development
- Tuition/Professional Licensing Assistance
- Discretionary Performance Bonuses
- 100% company sponsored Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance Benefits for the employee
- Opportunity for advancement in the Firm
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Interested candidates are urged to send resumes to email@example.com